Fall Races: The SOAR Trail Run Series & Lasse Viren 20K

By Unknown - October 26, 2012



So, after my second half marathon in June, I didn't have any races lined up. After five months of continuous racing, I decided to take a breather...and well, that turned into another five months of no racing at all. I decided to drag my currently slow-as-a-snail self out of my training limbo by signing up for a local trail run series.

SOAR(Save Open-Space and Agricultural Resources) is a local non-profit organization in Ventura County that focuses on protecting agricultural lands, open space, trails, and helps promote a livable and sustainable community. The races are relatively cheap and support local trails. Now we're talking!

19th Annual Salmon Run 5K  - Oct 21st, 2012


Aloha Turkey Roundup 8K - Nov 11th, 2012 (I'm really excited for this one because it takes place on one of my favorite local trails).

Also, I signed up for the famous Lasse Viren 20K, which is this Sunday, October 28th. I'm really excited for this one because it's a relatively fast trail course, and a lot of my friends are going to be racing. 

After that, I need to start prepping for training for next May's Born To Run 50K. It seems far away now, but those months will whip by faster than I know it. I am looking to sign up for a marathon around Feb-March, which will give me enough time to rebuild for Born To Run.

Until next time!

Crista

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments